While you are visiting Montreux Switzerland, you will want to see the best museums in Zurich. Zurich is filled with museums, each with its own unique story to tell visitors. The hotels in Montreux are not located very far from Zurich– an easy day trip for tourists. When you do visit Zurich, make sure that you take time to visit one of these outstanding Zurich museums.
- Kunsthaus – This is Zurich’s main art museum. It holds great works of art by such Swiss artists as Hodler, Segantini and Füssli. The largest collection of Alberto Giacometti artwork resides in this museum. You can also see works of art by famous artists like Van Gogh, Manet and Baselitz.
- Kindercity – This wonderful science museum is designed for children through age 12. It is a hands-on experience that will delight, fascinate and entertain. A café, play area, driving school and magic trains to keep little ones happy and entertained for hours.
- National Museum – This is a must-see Zurich attraction. The exhibit on Swiss history is interesting and takes visitors through four different sections including history, economy, religion and politics. Do not miss the armor tower for an impressive display arms.
- Beyer Watch Museum– A trip to Switzerland would not be complete without a visit to the watch museum. Included with this impressive collection of watches and clocks is an exhibit highlighting time keeping instruments used by man as early as Egyptian times to present.
- Ethnographic Museum – Located in Zurich’s old botanical gardens, this museum is not only interesting but it is also fun. It is all about magic! View implements and tools used in magic tricks and rituals. Woodcarvings, pottery and textiles from through out Europe are on display with a special emphasis on Buddhist and Hindu objects from the Indian subcontinent.
- Kulturama Museum of Man – The interesting exhibits in this museum include the evolution of humans and the cycle of human life. Appropriate for all ages – there is even a nice section designed just for children.
- Observatory Urania – This is the place to go if you want to reach into the heavens. Opened in 1907 and renovated in 2007 on its 100th anniversary, this is an interesting museum to visit.
- Toy Museum Zurich– This is a favorite of children of all ages. The collection of toys includes items from all over Europe and includes items from the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries. Special exhibits are periodically changed so check with the museum to find out what special exhibits are being offered during your visit.